Villa Pitti Amerighi started first as a
plantation in 1500.Since 1600, a period where the main structure of the
Villa dates back to, after restoration it has had few structural changes
and transformations, due to the fact that over the centuries it has
undergone very few changes in ownership.
Even the private chapel dedicated to S. Biagio, still consecrated
dates to the first half of the 1600s, belonging to and built by the noble Florentine family Ubaldini.
Their coat of arms, remain as a historical reminder, at the sides of
the altar of the chapel and carry at its top the insignia of bishop
Ubaldino Ubaldini, Archdeacon of Metropolitan Fiorentina, an important
figure of the Tuscan diocese. In 1766, the Villa passed to the Pitti,
one of the most influential noble families in Florence and then through
an inheritance to the Counts Amerighi in the early 1800s.
The current owners bought it in 2001 and in 2002 began the long
process of recovery and restoration, lasting 9 years. Without changing
the structure and without making significant changes, the Villa has been
used, in addition to a private residence for tourist accommodations.